Wednesday, May 29, 2013

John Mauro with his idea of automated parking


When it comes to parking my car, I prefer parking garages. They offer convenience and protection to my car in case of a bad weather. Those who live in Texas know that the weather gets very unpredictable here. The temperature may rise above 100 Fahrenheit in the summer. The parking garage is a good solution to keep my car cool during hot summer days. At the same time, when it rains or freezes, parking garages keep my car warm and dry and make it last longer.
However, I see a few disadvantages for me to park in garages. So often, I hear different stories about people being robbed, raped, and threatened when they are left alone in garages. I do not want anyone to suffer this unnecessary risk. In addition to a low level of security, there are many collisions, which are due to the tight quarters, blind spots, and sharp corners of garages.

 My other concern is that many people fail to park their car properly. So many people do not park within their parking spot and struggle to back up. I wonder if one of these days I will find a few scratches on my car.
 I would like to find a solution for people like me who prefer parking in garages with no risk of getting robbed, raped or damage to my car.

 John Mauro is a vise president of Parking Vault, Ltd. His company offers an alternative solution to parking garages, which is automated parking. The automated parking system is something common to many places in East Asia, Europe, and big cities in the USA. However, it is not yet introduced to DFW area.
blogs.automotive.com 
 
Just imagine all the benefits of this new experience in parking. John Mauro describes this parking experience in following words. The automobile first enters the transfer room, which is equipped with all types of sensing devises. The driver is exposed to all kinds of messages, which guide him to the next action. When the driver comes out of his car, he proceeds to the kiosk room. He uses one of the kiosks to provide information about himself and pay with his credit card or cash. Sensing devises make sure that the car is closed and empty. Only after assuring that the car is empty and safe to move, the mules will pick up the car and place it in the elevator portion of the garage. Then, the elevator will raise the car to a selected parking space.

 John Mauro touches on other aspects of automated parking. He says that his company offers one of the major benefits of parking which is to handle different sizes of cars, starting from the smart cars and ending with the massive trucks. Another benefit of automated parking includes 40 percent saving on land usage. Automated parking is convenient and safe. At the same time, John Mauro says, automated parking is green because it uses less electricity.  
After John Mauro’s presentation, I have no doubt that automated parking is a solution to safe garage parking.

No comments:

Post a Comment